Often overlooked, a thorough on-boarding process is essential to ensuring that friction is minimized for new employees coming into the business.
The recruitment program manager should ensure that the following questions are addressed, either anonymously, or in a setting that allows for transparency and honesty:
- How would the new hire improve the interview process?
- How was Week 1?
- How was Month 1?
- How is the relationship between new hire and manager?
- How is the relationship between new hire and the rest of the team?
- Is the new hire working on things discussed during the interview process?
- How does the new hire enjoy the day-to-day working culture?
- What changes would the new hire make if in charge?
- What is the new hire expected to accomplish by the end of the quarter?
- What is the new hire expected to accomplish by the end of the year?
- Does the new hire think that this is achievable?